About the job
ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN / TECHNOLOGIST
• You will have an understanding of the design process and ability to assist the management/delivery of projects from concept to completion in a highly organised way with an efficient attention to detail
• Work as a team player with a flexible and open approach to problem solving
What you will do
• Ability to develop, detail and co-ordinate package information
• Ability to apply standards to resolve technical/design issues
• Ability to develop and interpret design principles
• Have excellent communication skills with the ability to interpret instructions
• Ability to work within a team and liaise and co-ordinate with other disciplines/team members effectively
• Ability to work within BIM environment with focus on efficient production of deliverables
• Work effectively, efficiently and flexibly under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Use your positive and ‘can-do’ attitude to problem solve
• Maintain consistency and accuracy in your work
• Implementing the Company's management system
• Act as an Ambassador for the Company
Drive for Results
Focused, driven and determined to deliver results; taking objectives willingly and proactively setting own goals; measuring your own success; focusing on new or more effective ways of delivering results; persistent; seeking and acting on feedback.
Obtains clarity about client needs; ensure the service is meeting your client needs; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction; works to build long term relationships with clients.
Concern for Quality
Double check the accuracy of your own work. Maintains quality and organisation of BIM models and project standards. Follows management systems and procedures. Supports and helps others, encouraging them to observe the correct procedures and standards.
Understand your own role and others within the team; works hard and willingly stands in for others when needed; encourages others to participate and work together to solve problems; shares experience, ideas and opinions.
Listens; understanding both content and emotion; picking up on body language, probing to develop a clearer picture of the situation; builds a rapport with people within the Practice.
Agility and adaptability
Receptive to change; makes constructive suggestions; agile and works quickly to ensure changes are implemented; restrains strong emotional impulses; resists temptation to react immediately.
• Skilled presenter both verbally and visually using software and hand drawing skills
• Have an excellent working knowledge of Autodesk tools with specific focus on Revit and Navisworks workflows
• Be able to think clearly
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Highly computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications
Your qualifications and experience
• CIAT preferable but not essential.
• Relevant Technical Qualification – Degree/HNC/HND
• 3+ years Revit experience
• Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team, would be desirable
• Good industrial, commercial/office experience
• Data centre experience desirable
• Experience working in a similar capacity
• Working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types
About the company
We are a global design leader ranked within the UK Top 10 and within the Global Top 100 of architectural practices. With our Head Office in London, we have studios across the UK and internationally in New York, Singapore and Amsterdam.
Our people are the foundation of our culture: tightly knit and incredibly welcoming. We nurture our staff and encourage their creative and entrepreneurial spirit. We set high standards for ourselves and our teams work collaboratively to achieve the best, and have the determination and drive to do things better. We like to push ourselves, creatively, in business and as a team. We listen and explore every angle with our clients so that we make the creative journey an enjoyable one for all.