About the job
DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST/DEVELOPER
• Reporting to the Senior Infrastructure Analyst, you will provide front line primary technical support.
• Develop your coding skills within a business environment helping end users and the Technology team to support and resolve service tickets in a timely manner.
• Provide support to all company offices as part of the Technology Team.
What you will do
• Develop scripts using PowerShell, Visual Basic, and other script languages.
• Develop reports using SQL, Power BI, and YellowFin reporting tools.
• Support and enhance internal applications and intranet.
• Supporting and deploying all platforms utilised across the company, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment.
• Proactively monitoring and resolving end user Service Desk Issues.
• Diagnosing, evaluating and resolving complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalating or routing them to appropriate IT staff members.
• Providing ongoing assistance to the infrastructure team in its daily operations and project-based work including support with server builds and maintenance, patching, general server security, configuration and troubleshooting.
• Performing root cause analysis, developing checklists for typical problems and recommending procedures and controls for problem prevention.
• Deployment of software through Altiris System.
• Liaising with third party suppliers and support organisations.
• Maintaining the highest level of customer service to internal users and clients.
• Providing face-to-face, telephone and remote-based support.
• Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 10 and Server 2008 and 2012 (Essential).
• Working knowledge of SQL and database design.
• Active Directory account maintenance and administration relating to user and computer accounts (Essential).
• Creation and alteration of basic Group Policy Objects (Advantageous).
• Experience in performing desktop and server hardware upgrades, builds and maintenance.
• Exposure to software license management (Advantageous).
• Have an understanding and appreciation of both internal and external network security and threats.
Your qualifications and experience
• Educated to Degree Level, equivalent or higher.
• Experience in supporting graphical and [redacted] applications (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, [redacted], InDesign, SketchUp,). An Advantage but not essential.
• Experience of working within parameters and restrictions as governed by Company policies.
• Good written and verbal communication with all levels of staff.
• Positive attitude with good customer service skills and a professional approach.
• Ability to work proactively on own initiative and as an effective and collaborative team-member.
• Ability to share information and assist others.
• Self-motivated with excellent organisation skills, attention to detail, with a strong focus on delivery and solution quality.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and effectively prioritise activities.
• Willing to learn and step outside of their comfort zone.
• Open to undertake other duties, including occasional out of hours working, remote working and travel as reasonably required by the role.
About the company
We are a global design leader ranked within the UK Top 10 and within the Global Top 100 of architectural practices. With our Head Office in London, we have studios across the UK and internationally in New York, Singapore and Amsterdam.
Our people are the foundation of our culture: tightly knit and incredibly welcoming. We nurture our staff and encourage their creative and entrepreneurial spirit. We set high standards for ourselves and our teams work collaboratively to achieve the best, and have the determination and drive to do things better. We like to push ourselves, creatively, in business and as a team. We listen and explore every angle with our clients so that we make the creative journey an enjoyable one for all.